MY WORDS AND I

When am happy they become my Melody,
When am sad, they lead me to my diary

My words are my companion they follow me wherever I go,
They are my inner glow

They are like food to my soul
They are my building blocks

When am on the ladder of words,
I can see the whole world

I thought I can change the world with them
but somehow I  ended up changing myself

and that's ok, for a man to move a mountain he must first learn how to move himself

So I learn to always speak well
firstly to myself and then to others

And in so doing am shaping the world I want my children to grow in with enriching words

let your word build up and not break down
let it be calm and soothing
let it be wise

© Emurotu Akpowevwe Roy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIVING WITH THE END IN MIND

THE WAKE UP CALL

HOW I SEE NIGERIA